With Halloween on the horizon, it’s time to start planning how you’ll celebrate! A pumpkin-carving party is a perfect way to gear up for Halloween and offers tons of fun for both kids and adults. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite party ideas to help inspire you with your own pumpkin-carving party this year–and don’t forget the pumpkin beer!
- Space, preferably outside so you can enjoy that crisp October weather!
- A large table that you don’t mind getting dirty, plus newspaper or craft paper to protect any surfaces you’re concerned about
- Lighting so your guests can see what they’re doing–we love these lanterns for some added ambience!
- Pumpkins, natch–we recommend making the party B.Y.O.P. (bring your own pumpkin) so guests can choose a pumpkin size and shape that suits them
- Pumpkin-carving kits (also check out this kids’ kit for little pumpkins!)
- This Halloween bark is a more sophisticated way to enjoy your favorite Halloween candy from childhood
- These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are always a crowd-pleaser
- Pumpkin macarons and a “poison” cocktail that would make Martha Stewart proud
- Ghost cake-toppers that are too fun
- Speaking of Martha Stewart, she’s got some pretty fun ideas too. Try her sweet bones recipe for a treat that is sure to trick!
- You can never have enough baked goods, and these cupcakes look heavenly
- These ghostly lollipops are a simple DIY that make fun favors
- Why not create a Halloween candy buffet?
- Spooky inspiration that works for kids too
- Line your walkway with these Mason jar luminaries (you know it’s not a party in the South till someone breaks out the Mason jars!)
- These creepy DIY’s will turn your house into a haunted house
- DIY ideas that won’t break your budget
- Fill these DIY coffin food markers with candy and affix name tags in place of food markers, and they’ll double as a creative favor
- Easy ghost decorations
- Elegantly spooky printables (our fave!)
- Chic ways to incorporate Halloween into your everyday decor
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to see some peeks at co-editor Siobhan’s upcoming pumpkin-carving party!