There’s nothing better for a hot summer day than a refreshing drink and no-oven-needed recipe. This month Azure is sharing a watermelon margarita recipe as well as a watermelon salad recipe. The margarita couldn’t be simpler to throw together for an impromptu summer gathering, and the salad combines watermelon with the fresh flavors of mint and basil, plus feta for an extra kick.
These recipes are seriously simple, but will elevate your at-home game, making any evening feel like a special event. For a casual gathering, we paired the meal with cloth napkins (check out Dot & Army for a fantastic, locally-made selection) and environmentally friendly cutlery from Baks Sustainable Parties.
Watermelon Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 4 cups fresh Watermelon (seeds removed & cubed)
- 1 (10-ounce) container Golden Yellow Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped Basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped Mint
- 1 (4-ounce) container Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
In a salad bowl, combine watermelon, tomatoes, basil, mint and feta, then toss together. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard, then stir. Serve alongside watermelon salad.
- 3 cups fresh Watermelon
- 1 ½ cup Lime Margarita Mix (chilled)
- 1 ½ cup Tequila (chilled)
- 1 cup Triple Sec Orange Liqueur (chilled)
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve over crushed ice.
Food & recipes by Azure Rountree for Paprika Southern / Photography by Siobhan Egan / Styling by Bevin Valentine Jalbert
PS–Don’t forget that you can save 25% on back issues of Paprika Southern in our summer sale!